Thursday, February 17, 2011

The kindness of others

I've been overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of fellow bloggers this past week. How appropriate considering it was just Random Acts of Kindness Week and Valentine's Day!

Ashlee at A Prairie Cottage and Dana of The Boyers at Home were kind enough to extend Stylish Blogger Awards to this modest blog.

And then Kathy at A Delightsome Life highlighted my Garden Dreamin' post at her blog's weekly Inspired By You feature.

I am truly humbled by and appreciative of you ladies. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

Ashlee's been blogging almost two years now about her adorable WWII-era cottage. She recently finished remodeling her kitchen and what a transformation it was!  She also crafts and appreciates all things vintage. No wonder I like her blog. :)

Dana is a new blogger--like me!--from Oklahoma who I found recently as I was looking for retro kitchen inspiration for my sister's house. Dana painted her lower kitchen cabinets a gorgeous turquoise blue and installed new wood counter tops--her kitchen has real pizazz! She also likes to junk and has been helping her daughter re-do her new house.

Kathy's romantic blog is full of Victoria Magazine-inspired decorating. Her posts are thoughtful and sincere, and she's a Southern gal to boot. Sit down to her blog with a warm cup of tea and check out her tutorial on making faux mercury glass; I'm hoping to try it very soon.

I write this blog for the simple enjoyment of participating in a community of women who like creating beautiful spaces and objects, and transforming things with their own hands. I cherish all the comments and emails I receive, the budding blogging friendships, and I have to say I feel so fortunate to be a little part of such a creative, supportive environment.

Thank you again, Ashlee, Dana and Kathy, and *everyone* who reads this blog. Y'all are appreciated more than you know and you are what makes blogging such an enjoyable pastime for me.

Ever grateful,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,
    Thankyou for leaving me such a sweet comment on my ruffle tote. I am not sure of the name of the lecien fabric I used however I will definitely be off again to the fabric store soon for some more (I'm a bit obsessed with this fabric at the moment) I will be sure to take note and find out the name for you. I will let you know. I know what you mean about the fun of blogging and friendship. I get so much out of meeting knew friends I really enjoy it too,
    Have a great day.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.