Thursday, November 15, 2012

Candles, Candles and More Candles


Good evening!

First, I must thank all of you for your wonderful messages of support and your well-wishes for the new farm.  The responses you sent were so incredibly encouraging and I especially enjoyed hearing about how some of you have taken similar downsizing journeys.  If I wasn't already feeling good about this decision, your comments definitely sealed the deal.

This weekend I will post photos of the interior of the house as it was when we closed on the property.   My husband's been busy ripping out paneling and ceiling tiles, so it's already a construction zone, but at least you can see what we started off with.

-----------------------------------------------------

So, tonight my kitchen counters are absolutely covered in candles.  I should have taken a picture, but I honestly didn't think about until now.  It's quite comical how every surface has candles or candle-making supplies on it. 

(Though I think my husband's developing a twitch from having to look at the mess for several days now...)

The reason for the sea o' candles?

I'm participating in two holiday craft fairs this weekend with my dear friend Sara, and I've been a busy, busy candlemaker in preparation for the events.  If you're local, here are the deets. I can't believe it's already time to be thinking about shopping!

Friday, November 16th - 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
2nd Annual GatorGanza
Garrett Elementary, 3224 Old Hillsborough Rd., Mebane, NC 27302

Saturday, November 17th - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
4th Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Bazaar
Hillsborough Elementary, 402 N. Nash St., Hillsborough, NC 27278

Also wanted to let you know that Wintergreen candles (a.k.a., Christmas tree in a jar) are now in the Harmony Farm Candles Etsy shop



I always look forward to making this candle because the fragrance is utterly divine.  It might not be Thanksgiving yet, but it sure smells like there's a Christmas tree in my house already!

If you'd like to order any, they'll ship out next week.  I have a feeling I'll be totally spent by Saturday evening. :)

Wish me luck and take care,

7 comments:

  1. Progress on the new house already? I love that! I can't wait to see some pics! How neat that you are making candles...it's a big business, you can't go wrong!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just set ours up in the barn today! the boxes still smell really good, een though they are now empty! i love my wintergreen candle and am so happy we have yours in stock now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for candle mania!! Cassie told me she ordered some for the barn! You rock!! Good luck at the craft fairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, just tell me Karan has some of the wintergreen candles! Because i want one now! And... we, (Karan and I) want to see the new house, watcha doin on Sunday? She's not working and neither am I, but she will have her mom so any visit would be short. Plus, i need to get some photos of your completely adorable cow... she's a painting waiting to happen!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got my order and they are already VERY popular! They smell like a winter forest...LOVE!

    janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin,
    Are you selling candles in Burlington? I think I remember you telling me that a store in Burlington was carrying them.
    They are devine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope all the sales went wonderfully for you! i bet that wintergreen scent is divine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.