Saturday, January 29, 2011

Simple Winter Centerpiece

This centerpiece currently graces my dining room table.


The glass cake stand was a wedding present and was most recently used in my Christmas decorating.

I made the candles earlier this month from candle-making supplies I scored off Craigslist. They're scented like Yankee Candle's Mistletoe candle--which is kind of a misnomer since the scent really smells like a Christmas tree. Even though we're beyond that holiday, I still find the fragrance appropriate and refreshing this time of year.

And the wee little pine cones and snips of cedar were free, courtesy of Mother Nature.


Natural, beautiful and thrifty--what more can you ask for?

I challenge you to find items in and around your house to make a lovely centerpiece.  And if you need some more centerpiece inspiration, visit Donna at Funky Junk Interiors. Her Saturday Night Special party is all about centerpieces this week!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Also linking to:

UndertheTableandDreaming


7 comments:

  1. Now these candles sound like I would love them...they are also sooooo PRETTY. I’m having a GIVEAWAY…would love to have you come by and enter to win a gift card and some goodies!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love it! Fresh whites with natural greens... just doesn't get much better than that!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I'll bet those candles smell wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. internet ate my comment! I was saying that the candle you gave me smells heavenly and I keep burning it at night before I go to bed to have delicious winter dreams (of course, my versions involve palm trees) it's a really cute centerpiece and I bet it smells delicious! I saw a tutorial this week about putting little candle glass thingers (technical term) in borax and water and letting them soak awhile, so they get a frosty crystal look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty arrangement. I can imagine how wonderful it smells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I love clusters of candles and your arrangment is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.