Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve House Tour

Come on in and have a look at the decorations around the cabin...



Simple clippings of berries and fraser fir branches adorn the hallway mirror.  (You can see a tinsel garland hanging on a door in the mirror's reflection, too.)



Making our way into the living and dining rooms...



Here's a close-up of the arrangement on top of the living room armoire.


It was inspired by Dawn's mantel at Creative Cain Cabin.   She had the most adorable red gingham bunting in her vignette and when I saw it, I knew I had to make one.  The glass candle holders were picked up this week on major clearance at Michaels (the red one was $1.99 and the silver mercury glass was $4.99--it sometimes pay to proscrastinate!) and currently contain Wintergreen candles.  The wooden bowl was carved by my now-deceased uncle and everything else I already had on hand.

My friend, Sara, made this sweet little wooden Santa, reindeer and sled for my son last year. 


And nearby is our Elf on the Shelf, "Frigsby."  I have no idea where my son got that name from...

More greenery and berries in a zinc pitcher picked up earlier in the year at Nest in Burlington, NC.


Check out this fabulous pillow made from a vintage table cloth!  Not to sound like a commercial, but I found it and its mate at Fetch Antiques and Interiors in Hillsborough, NC.  Karan had another similar pair the last time I was at the shop.


And though I already shared these photos in a previous post, I'll show them again since I love these glitter houses so hard.





On the dining room table is another wood bowl carved by my uncle.  It holds pinecones and some great vintage glass ornaments my mom brought over earlier in the week.  She hit the cheap-vintage-glass-ball-mother-lode at an antique shop in Winston-Salem when she found at least 8 boxes of ornaments for only a $1 per box!


The corner cabinet is looking festive, too.



Family members, avert your eyes from this upcoming photo and skip on down to the next picture, please...

Everyone else, here's one of about a dozen ornament-sized glitter houses I made last week.  I'll take photos before they're given as gifts and share them with you in my next post.  I just had to sneak one in here because I was so happy with the way they turned out. :)  (P.S.--The delightful paper JOY tag came with the goodies from Stacey's giveaway and I thought it was just perfect to incorporate into the decorations.)


The dining room plate rack sports a glittered paper birdhouse from Uniquitiques, another great shop in Hillsborough.



In the kitchen, I added some pine clippings from the woods around our house to the bunting-bedecked shelf over the sink.


Sitting on a thrifted silverplate cake stand is a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer craft that my son and I completed over the weekend.  We will never tire of the cuteness of these characters!


The decorations in the kitchen are very simple.  Another glittered birdhouse here...


...and some red berries in a milk bottle found at a yard sale this summer.



So, that's it for the decorating this year.  Now, there is baking to be done, presents to be wrapped, Christmas movies to watch and time to simply enjoy these next few days.

This will likely be my last post of 2011, so in the words of the Peanuts gang, I wish you a safe, joyous and...

Vintage Peanuts puzzle my in-laws put together and framed for our family this year.

Happy Holidays!
Erin

9 comments:

  1. I love it all, the corner cabinet is just darling and the kitchen bunting is such a great idea. Also like your mirror bunting like mine. Thanks for the mention. Have a Wonderful Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all looks warm and beautiful! i love the pillow!!!
    merry christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok....this might sound sappy, but the Charlie Brown puzzle is my favorite!!!!

    Everything is just gorgeous Erin.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, thank you for your pretty and festive home tour! I always enjoy looking at photos of your house. I love that you kept the little Joy sign from my package, it looks very cute with your display! Wishing you a very merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks soooooooooooo beautiful Erin!! Merry merry Christmas friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore your home! You've decorated it so beautifully. Merry Christmas!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all Erin, especially all the berries and greenery!! You have such a beautiful home!!! We started Elf on a Shelf with our 2 year old this year. It was so fun! At first he wanted to name his elf Jesus and Frankenstein, but finally settled on Joe. :)

    Have a very happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty erin! your living room armoire makes my heart go pitter pat! i hope your christmas was merry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin! Everthing looks Beautiful! It's soooo cozy and charming. Wow ! I love your little gingham garland too... There's just something about a gingham check that i'm a sucker for...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.