Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Jacob!

At 12:05 p.m. today, my son, Jacob, officially turns 5.

It seems like only yesterday that I spent four, grueling hours pushing to deliver him on a grey December day.  And how everyone was surprised that he was a 9 lb. baby with a Charlie Brown-sized head...which explained why the delivery took so long! :)  

I can distinctly remember my friend, Brandee, taking this photo of me and Jacob in the spring of 2007 when she was visiting North Carolina from Chile.  She recently sent it to me when she was going through her email and I'm glad she did.  We don't often look at baby pictures as life is busy these days, but it was a sweet reminder of just how precious Jacob was as an infant.



Now, that little baby is a spirited, bright, outgoing boy who runs full-tilt boogie to do most things, loves building with Legos, and has already lost his first tooth.  Oy!



There's an adage about motherhood that says, "the days are long but the years are short."  As Jacob gets older, I feel the years ticking right along. And now it seems the days are getting shorter, too.  I won't worry about that (too much) today--instead we'll celebrate our big boy's milestone birthday with family and a homemade cake.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Jacob Cole!

Love,
Mommy

9 comments:

  1. What a cute little boy he is! I love it when they start to lose teeth!! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and a big Happy Birthday to Jacob!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy hApPy b-day Jacob!!! 5 is a GREAT age!! Make a wish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Happy day Jacob and well done mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, happy birthday, jacob! my emmy turns 5 next month- where does the time go?? that saying is so true. and you my friend, are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB! You're just about the cutest kid i know!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a 5 year old Granddaughter!

    Pamela
    WV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How they grow so very fast, too fast. I was just dropping by to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for visiting my place and your special comments. I look forward to engaging more with you in 2012. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where have these 5 years gone? I hope Jacob had an amazing birthday and I'm glad to have found those pictures from our long-ago visit :) Happy New Year, Miss Erin! Miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.