Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vintage Market or Bust!

I've been a busy bee the last few weeks as I prepare for tomorrow's Vintage Market at Nest in Burlington, NC.


Of course, furniture painting has been involved and these are the pieces I'm taking.

Pickled/white-washed oak five-drawer dresser with clay knobs from Vintage Skye on the top drawer

Creamy white coffee table that was previously school bus yellow--yikes!

End table painted in Annie Sloan's Duck Egg Blue

Set of four Depression-era dining room chairs also painted with chalk paint (Old White) - seats re-covered in osnaburg

And the last furniture piece has a funny story behind it...

Last weekend, my husband and son were laying in our bed watching TV. And then the bed spontaneously broke!

Unfortunately, the bed rail separated from the headboard in such a way that a repair wasn't feasible. But the footboard was still salvageable and so I turned it into a hefty beach-inspired chalkboard.


Candles have also been made.

Citrus Cooler soy candle

Candles, boxed and ready to go!

And I just finished pricing a bunch of odds and ends like glassware, pillows, enamelware, frames and painted wood shelves.

Better get to bed because I have a lot to pack into the truck tomorrow morning!

-Erin

P.S.--Thank you for sticking around while I post less frequently this summer.  Your comments and emails have been so kind and supportive--I truly appreciate it!

9 comments:

  1. Great load of upcycled stock to take to the Vintage Market. Thanks for the peeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks amazing! i love the dresser!
    best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea on the foot board!! AWESOME! LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE that end table :)
    How does one do "pickling" (when it comes to paint)?? I've heard of it, and seen it, but do not know how to do it.

    Do you have an etsy shop? anything that you do not sell you can list there. :)

    Good luck...I hope you have some old glass that comes home with you, he he :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Everything in th epost looks dreamy!! I hope the market went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin thanks for all your hard work! Everything you brought was GORGEOUS! You've got some serious talent girl!~See you soon :) Heather
    nestnc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pieces! Sounds like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks lovely! I bet that gardenia soy candle smells heavenly. Love soy candles. I hope the Vintage Market was a success!

    xoxo
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pieces, love the colors you use!

    Love to have you stop by and link up at my weekly Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Link Party

    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, you HAVE been busy! I hope it all goes incredibly well. Your pieces look lovely.

    Thank you so much for linking up to my 'Paint, Please' link party.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.